Wednesday 19 October 2011

CCP, I am disappoint.

Sad face.

(CCP Games, creators of EVE Online, have laid off 20% of their staff in a ''refocusing'')

CCP.
...
A lot of people on the forums have whined and bitched about Incarna, the NEx, lots of things. I've never been one of them. I've agreed that you could have done things differently, but I've never been hugely critical of what you've done.
Until now.

This "refocusing". It's meant to be putting EVE Online back at the front of your queue. Making up for lack of communication, and for mistakes. So why, why, why did you lay off (some of) the devs the community liked, that talked to the community? Fallout, Wrangler, Pann, Zymurgist...I think that was a very, very big mistake. Worse than Incarna's deployment, which I will admit was done badly. You could have laid off the coffee boys, the foot-warming slaves...heck you could'a gotten away with laying off the Sansha's-head-on-a-pole carriers. But you didn't.
This has shaken my confidence in you, CCP. I won't unsub, as long as the game still functions and I have the money to play it. But I am..not happy, at this point. I'm sad, and I'm angry.

Fallout, Wrangler, Zymurgist, Pann, Maiden Steel, everyone else who got laid off. Good luck with what you do next. I'm sad to see you go, and I think a lot of other players are.
If any of you have non-dev EVE accounts, and still play after this (hopefully for free. You deserve it.), I'll be happy to add my Hurricane to your mission fleets, if you find yourselves short a pilot. You can call on my guns a million times before I've thanked you enough for your services to the EVE community, and EVE itself, and you can call on my guns another million times after that for being great people.

♥,
Jace.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree 100%. This is a very sad day in Eve that will be remembered forever.

    DeMichael Crimson

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A lot of people on the forums have whined and bitched about Incarna, the NEx, lots of things. I've never been one of them."

    So, basically you've never been a good advisor to CCP then? All the people who complained were right and had CCP listened to them earlier everything would've been fine. So why should they listen to you now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replying to: Anonymous (22 October 2011, 00:36)

    Ah, the ancient EVE-O forums practice of deliberately leaving parts of a quote source out. Let me fix that for you.
    -----
    I've agreed that you could have done things differently, but I've never been hugely critical of what you've done.
    -----
    That's the context. What I'm saying there is, yes, they didn't do it right. But I haven't raged about it, and I think what they were trying to do, regardless of whether they did it right or not, wasn't a bad thing.

    And...as for why they should listen to me now...they probably won't. I don't think they ever have before, and there's no reason to think that they will in the future. And I have no problem with that. This is my personal opinion, out here for people to read or to not read, as they choose.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed! However, please be civil. Thank you and keep it clean. Or, you know. no pr0n and shit. And comments consisting entirely of profanity just because I removed the PG13 requirement WILL be deleted.